Looking for an industrial sales position with awesome growth potential? Love the vibe of a family owned business selling products made in the USA? Join our team!
ARC Abrasives is a leader in abrasive solutions for the metal working market and is seeking an exceptional individual to manage all sales efforts for the Michigan territory.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the District Sales Manager is responsible for all sales of ARC’s product lines within the Michigan territory. This position involves creating and implementing a territory management plan in line with ARC’s strategic vision to drive growth and margin expansion in current and new sales channels.
In this remote sales position, you will build and expand sales of ARC’s product offerings by calling on industrial distributors and end users delivering technical expertise, abrasive solutions and exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate will be driven and resourceful with outstanding sales and presentation skills and a proven record of success selling in the industrial market.
- Grow Sales Volume.Establish and execute a plan to achieve sales objectives within your territory including account management of current customer base and development of new business opportunities.
- Develop and implement business plans.Create a strategic territory management plan maximizing your time and budget. Maintain and utilize CRM software as an effective sales tool.
- Cultivate partnerships with customers to meet their needs.Understand the priorities of both industrial distributors and end users, recommending abrasive solutions that leverage your knowledge of ARC’s product lines, competitive offerings and market dynamics. You will consistently work with industrial distributors at the end user providing application support and expanding their use of ARC’s products, selling on value and converting business.
- Work with the sales support system, including customer service, quality, marketing and product specialists to promote a high level of customer service.
- Candidates must have experience selling for a manufacturer through distribution and/or working for an industrial distributor selling to end users.
- Preferred candidates will have 5 plus years successful sales experience selling to industrial distributors and end users.
- Must reside in the greater Grand Rapids, Lansing or Detroit area.
- Self-motivated leader with demonstrated experience and success.
- Skilled at consultative selling and relationship building with accounts; from employees on the shop floor to President.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- High level of territory management skills, using time and resources effectively.
- Lifelong learner who sets high performance standards and expectations for himself/herself.
- Thinks in terms of business management while managing expenses and budget.
- Computer Skills; working knowledge of Database Software, CRM, Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
- BA or BS preferred, however, candidates with successful sales experience in the industrial market will be considered.
- Must be able to work outside of regular business hours, including nights and weekends.
- Work requires willingness to travel on an as needed basis, approximately 30-60% of the time.
ARC Abrasives is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K with company contribution, car allowance and more.