ARC ABRASIVES RESPONSE TO COVID-19
How ARC is Minimizing Risk and Continuing Business Operations During COVID-19
March 23, 2020
In times like this – you have questions.
You need to know that supply chains are intact. You need to know that you can count on product showing when it is supposed to. You need to know that there will be a voice on the other side of the phone when you have questions.
When you turn to ARC Abrasives, the answer to your questions is yes, across the board.
Like you, and the rest of the marketplace, ARC Abrasives is keeping a close eye on the hour-by-hour developments surrounding COVID-19. We all share many of the same concerns about its spread and the effects on global relationships that we maintain. You will continue to see the same service levels that your normally do without interruption or delay.
You can count on the following actions:
- ARC is actively working with local manufacturing associations, human resources groups, and Health & Safety advocates to stay on top on workflows and key operational adjustments.
- Our plant in Troy, OH continues to operate daily shifts for flap discs and quick-lok discs to support all manufacturing processes that supply critical and essential businesses throughout our country.
- Belts and surface conditioning materials will continue manufacturing practices on an order by order basis.
- Workstations have been shifted allowing for 10’ of distance between manufacturing associates and shifts / breaks have been altered to exceed safety standards set by the state of Ohio.
- Changes were made weeks ago to supply change efforts that ensure raw material availability. You will experience no lag from overseas suppliers in the “now” or in the coming weeks.
- ARC ARRIVE™ (Top 500 Coated and Non-Woven SKUs) continue to be part of our 48 Hour Shipping guarantee and are shelf-stocked, as manufacturing and logistics can support.
- Sales and customer services representatives are setup to work from home with full functionality for quoting, ordering, technical, and cross-over activity.
In addition to the above actions, ARC began to initiate advance measures to ensure both your and our associates’ safety in early March with limited or halted business travel, non-critical manufacturing associates working remotely, and suspended access to ARC facilities from non-associates.
You are being vigilant. So is ARC. As information changes and evolves, so will our plans to ensure your ongoing business needs. You are committed to serving your customers. We are committed to serving you and the nation.
Anthony H. Stayman
Owner & Chief Executive Officer
Open letter to ARC Abrasives team members, customers and partners from Tony Stayman, CEO and Owner
Dear ARC team members, customers and partners,
Although this global crisis has created a time of great uncertainty, I can assure you we are here, we are working, and we are doing everything we can to keep you healthy. From the beginning, we took a proactive stance. We supported an employees’ choice to take a voluntary layoff and provided the necessary PPE to protect employees who remained on-site working diligently to service our customers.
While we don’t know exactly what the future holds, I know we will get through this together. Communication is key. A big shout out to the Managers, Marketing Team and HR departments for your open and honest communication to all employees and customers. In addition I’m so grateful for the team who continued to show up here each day, working hard while protecting each other.
As we discover the best way to move forward in this new “normal”, we are sincerely grateful for our customers and partners who’ve kept us working. We will continue to provide you the best coated and non-woven abrasive products in the most timely manner possible. As states across the country start to re-open, we are ready to meet all of your abrasive needs.
My continued hope is that you and your families stay healthy. For those who have lost loved ones, we send our prayers and support.
With deep gratitude,
CEO & Owner of ARC Abrasives, Inc.