ARC ABRASIVES RESPONSE TO COVID-19
How ARC is Minimizing Risk and Continuing Business Operations During COVID-19
March 23, 2020
In times like this – you have questions.
You need to know that supply chains are intact. You need to know that you can count on product showing when it is supposed to. You need to know that there will be a voice on the other side of the phone when you have questions.
When you turn to ARC Abrasives, the answer to your questions is yes, across the board.
Like you, and the rest of the marketplace, ARC Abrasives is keeping a close eye on the hour-by-hour developments surrounding COVID-19. We all share many of the same concerns about its spread and the effects on global relationships that we maintain. You will continue to see the same service levels that your normally do without interruption or delay.
You can count on the following actions:
- ARC is actively working with local manufacturing associations, human resources groups, and Health & Safety advocates to stay on top on workflows and key operational adjustments.
- Our plant in Troy, OH continues to operate daily shifts for flap discs and quick-lok discs to support all manufacturing processes that supply critical and essential businesses throughout our country.
- Belts and surface conditioning materials will continue manufacturing practices on an order by order basis.
- Workstations have been shifted allowing for 10’ of distance between manufacturing associates and shifts / breaks have been altered to exceed safety standards set by the state of Ohio.
- Changes were made weeks ago to supply change efforts that ensure raw material availability. You will experience no lag from overseas suppliers in the “now” or in the coming weeks.
- ARC ARRIVE™ (Top 500 Coated and Non-Woven SKUs) continue to be part of our 48 Hour Shipping guarantee and are shelf-stocked, as manufacturing and logistics can support.
- Sales and customer services representatives are setup to work from home with full functionality for quoting, ordering, technical, and cross-over activity.
In addition to the above actions, ARC began to initiate advance measures to ensure both your and our associates’ safety in early March with limited or halted business travel, non-critical manufacturing associates working remotely, and suspended access to ARC facilities from non-associates.
You are being vigilant. So is ARC. As information changes and evolves, so will our plans to ensure your ongoing business needs. You are committed to serving your customers. We are committed to serving you and the nation.
Anthony H. Stayman
Owner & Chief Executive Officer