ARC Abrasives’ Production Department is seeking to add a Purchasing Agent to our facility in Troy, Ohio.
As a Purchasing Agent, you will be a member of our Procurement Group, responsible for buying goods and services necessary for our business. You have the means and opportunity to support our growth and operations by ensuring proper inventory levels are maintained.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate historical demand and different suppliers. Communication skills, both internally and externally, must be excellent.
The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
We are looking to fill a 1st shift position which runs from 8:00 PM to 4:30 AM.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels consistent with business objectives
- Process purchase orders, manage vendor delivery, track and investigate any issues
- Coordinate expedites as customer requirements dictate
- Reconcile system to actual inventory levels using reports and physical counts
- Perform clerical duties, including data entry and telephonic communication
- New part number setup
- Monitor and maintain label databases
- Complete system data updates for existing part numbers as needed
- Release stock orders for manufacturing
- Release blanket orders
- Process returns as required
- Make sound decisions based on data and statistics
- In-depth knowledge of business functions and principles
- Ability and willingness to negotiate
- Mastery of MS Office and various types of business software
- Strong oral and written communication
- Promote teamwork and flexibility in assignments
If you would rather use our online application, do so by clicking the provided link.
ARC Abrasives, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.