ARC Abrasives’ Production Department is seeking to add a talented SCM Operator to our facility in Troy, Ohio. The purpose of this role is to safely and effectively contribute to our operating process while meeting quality and safety standards in the manufacturing of non-woven textiles.
We are looking to fill a 3rd shift position which runs from 10:00 PM to 6:30 AM.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow work orders
- Pull correct material and fill out proper paperwork
- Setting up and operating machinery
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds or more
- Able to work in a high heat environment regularly
- Able to work with chemicals regularly
- Utilizes material to eliminate excess scrap and waste
- Reports any material or machine problems to Supervisor or Manager
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area at the end of each shift
- Responsible for cleaning and organizing the SCM room
- Work well in a team environment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Forklift certified preferred, but will train and certify
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition and subtraction, and to multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Able to use and read a tape measure
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Attendance – must show good attendance and follow policy accordingly
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Continually required to stand and walk
- Continually required to work in hot and humid environment
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, or kneel
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to work with chemicals, mechanical part, fumes or airborne particles
- Frequently required to utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items more than 60 pounds
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently loud noise (example: abrasive machinery)
If you would rather use our online application, do so by clicking the provided link.
ARC Abrasives, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.